Online Reviews Insight From Pepperdine University Study
Why Online Reviews & Reputation Are So Important
In the slides below, you’ll find the results of a study that Pepperdine University conducted regarding online reviews. (To enlarge the slides, click the 4 arrows in the lower right hand corner of the slide viewer.)
Stats from the study include the following:
- 70% of respondents said that ONLINE REVIEWS influenced them when deciding which hotel, restaurant, dentist, plumber, etc… they would contact or purchase from (see slide 3)
- 90% of respondents said that traditional Yellow Pages do NOT influence their buying decisions (see slide 3)
- When making a buying decision or leaving a review, MORE people use Google’s online reviews/ratings system than they do Yelp’s website (see slide 6 & 7)
- Most people will Not try a hotel, restaurant or professional service provider if they have a 1, 2 or 3 star rating but they will try them IF they have 4 or 5 star rating (see slide 8)
- 69% of the people that post a negative review will post it on 1 consumer review site BUT 19% will post their negative review on 2 sites AND 8% will post it on 3 or more review sites
The stats above, and those found in many studies, clearly indicate that having a positive online reputation and plenty of 4 and 5 star online reviews can help YOU get more customers! So what are you waiting for? Request a free online reputation report below to learn where you need to improve your online reputation.
Request FREE Online Reputation Report
Curious what people are saying about your business online? Request a FREE Online Reputation & Visibility Report by clicking here. Once you’ve looked over your FREE Report, contact us if you need help managing and marketing your online reputation to get more customers.