Business Listings & Local Directories
Did you know that optimization of your business listings in local online directories can help customers find your business before they find your competitor’s? It’s true. Reason being, many business owners do not yet realize the importance of online business listings and therefore have not allocated resources to their optimization. That’s good news for you because you can get ahead of your competition if you take action before they do.
You may already be listed in some online directories without knowing it. But what you also don’t know is that your business listings may be incomplete or inaccurate. All of this goes against any local SEO efforts you’ve already put in place!
Why Optimization Of Your Business Listings Are So Important
Did you know that:
- Over 60% of smartphone and tablet owners search for local products and services on their mobile devices and they frequently check the business directory listings that display in search engine results
- Google said that they take the accuracy and completeness of your business listings into account when they determine where they will rank your business for local service/product searches
- Google has also stated that they want your business to be listed in numerous business directories across the internet, including both large and small directories
- Having an optimized Google+ or Google Places business listing can put your business on the Google map that displays when someone does a local search for your product or service
- Thousands of people are searching online for your products and services and optimized business listings rank higher in search results
- Business listings with consumer reviews are awarded gold stars which will help your business stand out in search engine results
- Business directories typically rank higher in search results than most company websites do! (This means that having search optimized business listings will help your business get found.)
Do Your Business Listings Need To Be Optimized?
Wondering whether your business listings still need to be optimized? Contemplate the following questions:
- Do you still need to claim your business listing on Google+/Google Places, Bing Local or Yahoo?
- Do you still need to claim your business listing on Yelp, Foursquare, Merchant Circle or any of the many online business directories?
- Do you need to update incorrect information or fill in missing info in your business listings?
- Do you need to make changes to how your business name, phone number and address are located in your business listings so they are consistent across the internet? (Remember, I mentioned above that Google wants consistency!)
- Do you still need to fully optimize your business listings by uploading photos and videos to your listing?
Chances are you answered ‘yes’ to more than a couple of the above questions. But don’t fret or get overwhelmed…we can claim and optimize your business listings while you tend to your business and areas of expertise!
Request A FREE Business Listings & Online Reputation Report
While there are hundreds of business directories, we can prepare an initial report for you that will show which of the major directories you business is or is not listed in. In the report, we will also identify whether your business listings are claimed and accurate.
To request your FREE Business Listings & Online Reputation Report, simply click here now.